FAQ Group Reservations
Each year we field a number of questions about scheduling and planning group events at Ramseyer Farms. To help make this process easier, we have provided answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
- How long before the event date do I need to make a reservation?
- While there is no set time requirement, to ensure space and resources for your event, we ask that you schedule your event two weeks or more in advance, when possible. For larger group visits, we ask that you contact us one month in advance. Teachers interested in scheduling a school field trip are advised to call us at 330-264-0264 for dates available.
- Is there a group size minimum or maximum?
- To receive our group rate discount, we ask for groups of 15 people or more. While we do not have a maximum group limit, we do ask that larger groups contact us well in advance to ensure we have the necessary resources and staff on hand to accommodate your group. Please call us at 330-264-0264 for more information.
- Will Ramseyer Farms open outside of regular business hours for a special event?
- We try to accommodate guest requests whenever possible. The earlier you call to plan your event, the more likely we will be able to accommodate your requests. If you think you'd like to host an event at the farm earlier or later than our standard business hours, please contact us as soon as possible at 330-264-0264.
- What's the best time of the year to visit the farm?
- September and October are the best months to visit, as that's when our Ohio Maze and Mystery Maize are open. Our weekend festivals are also held during this time; festivals begin the last weekend in September and continue every weekend through the month of October. We also have regularly scheduled business hours during September and October, and are open at other times by appointment. If you'd like to visit us in August or at another time, please call ahead to schedule a time to visit. We promise you'll always enjoy your experience with us here at Ramseyer Farms.
- Am I required to make a down payment for my event?
- We ask for a small deposit to reserve the space for you. The deposit is credited to your final payment, which is due at the time you check in for your event. Payments may be made by cash, check, or credit card.
- Is there a cancellation or rescheduling fee?
- There is no cancellation or rescheduling fee for events that are cancelled due to inclement weather; we will work with you to reschedule the event at a mutually convenient date. We do ask for a 21-day notice of cancellation for our tent rentals, so that we can make them available for others wishing to schedule events with us. If you have questions about our cancellation policy, we encourage you to call us at 330-264-0264.
<< back to Group Outings, Family Reunion, Church and Private Event Location